WILKES-BARRE – Police reported the following incidents:
• Paint balls were shot at a home on Spruce Street on Friday, police said.
• A 17-year-old juvenile was arrested Friday on charges of possessing marijuana, police said.
Police said a car was stopped at Academy and Charles streets for a traffic violation and found several bags of marijuana inside. The juvenile was taken to PA Child Care in Pittston Township for violating probation, police said.
• Eldner Storm told police stereo equipment was stolen from her car while it was parked in the area of 598 E. Northampton St. on Friday.
• Tasnim Branham, of Coal Street, told police someone attempted to enter her home and damaged a window frame on Friday.
• Janet Wright, of Blackman Street, told police her home was burglarized and items were stolen on Friday.
• Jonathan Malesic told police a man punched him in the back of the head and stole $6 while walking in the area of West River and West Ross streets on Tuesday.
DUPONT – A driver from Maine was not injured when his car caught fire while traveling on Interstate 81 on Friday, state police at Wyoming said.
Police said Craig G. Beal, of Krienship, Maine, driving a 2003 Volvo, was traveling north at about 6 p.m. when he heard a loud bang come from the driver’s side door. Beal pulled over and found his car on fire.
PLAINS TWP. – State police at Wyoming are looking for the driver of a Jeep Wrangler that caused a crash on state Route 309, the North Cross-Valley Expressway, on Oct. 28.
Police said Stephanie Shirmer, 26, of Kingston, driving a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta, was traveling north when her car was struck by the Jeep. Police said the Jeep was parked on the side of the road and pulled into traffic, colliding with Shirmer’s vehicle.
The driver of the Jeep failed to stop and sped away, police said.
Police said the Jeep may be tan in color.
EAST BRUNSWICK TWP. – A woman from Shickshinny was not injured when her car struck a deer on state Route 895 in Schuylkill County Friday night, state police at Frackville said.
Police said Amy T. Bridal was traveling west on Route 895 at about 6:40 p.m. when her car struck the deer.
WEST HAZLETON – A 1991 Dodge Caravan, owned by Yashira Flores-Moyet, 24, was stolen from the rear of 345 W. Green St. on Friday night or early Saturday morning, state police at Hazleton said.
Police said the van is white and had a front driver’s side tire. The Pennsylvania license plate is FVR 2880, police said.
BRIAR CREEK TWP. – A man from Nescopeck was cited with harassment after an altercation inside a supermarket in Columbia County on Friday, state police at Bloomsburg said.
Police said Joseph Malecki, 37, pushed and slammed Jason Gross, 20, of Berwick, against glass doors and threatened him inside the Giant Supermarket at about 6 p.m.
Gross told police he used to date Malecki’s stepdaughter but hadn’t seen her in years.