KINGSTON – Khayree Idr Abdurruzzaq, 18, of Wilkes-Barre, was arrested on fleeing police charges after he led police on a chase through the borough with a stolen vehicle Tuesday, court papers said.
According to court papers:
Police attempted to stop a white Buick operated by Abdurruzzaq on Page Avenue at 1:05 a.m. Tuesday.
The vehicle then fled eastbound on Main Street at a high rate of speed onto Northampton Street. The vehicle then turned into the parking area at Kirby Park, striking a tree.
Police apprehended Abdurruzzaq and a passenger in the vehicle, David Laquan George, 18, of Wilkes-Barre, a short time later. While in custody, George told police the men were looking for the Cabaret in Kingston.
No charges were reported against George.
Abdurruzzaq was arraigned before District Judge Paul Roberts on charges of receiving stolen property, fleeing police, unauthorized use of a vehicle, recklessly endangering another person, driving without a license, careless driving, reckless driving and multiple traffic violations.
He was taken to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $30,000 bail.
DUPONT – An unoccupied tractor-trailer was struck by a 2006 Freightliner Columbia operated by Arnulfo Sanchez Jr. of Oklahoma in the parking area of Petro Truck Shop at 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, state police said.
No injuries or charges were reported.
WILKES-BARRE – Police reported the following incidents:
• Shannon Bollinger reported Tuesday someone poured sugar into the gasoline tank of her car while it was parked on East Elm Street.
• John Wendell Stowe, 32, was captured Tuesday on an arrest warrant by Philadelphia police in connection to narcotic charges, police said. Police stopped Stowe for a traffic violation on East Market Street and learned he was wanted by Philadelphia police.
• Jason P. Stelz, 27, faces a retail theft charge after police said he stole a 16-gallon Rigid Shop-Vac from The Home Depot on Spring Street on Tuesday.
• Two people were injured in a two-vehicle crash on South Main Street Wednesday, police said.
Timothy Wrenn, Wilkes-Barre, was driving east on Academy Street toward South Main Street.
Carol Tomonlonis, Wilkes-Barre was traveling west on Academy Street.
Both cars had a red traffic light, police said. Tomonlonis attempted to turn left onto South Main Street and was struck by Wrenn, police said.
Both vehicles had to be towed from the scene.
Wrenn was flown to Scranton CMC with serious injuries. Tomonlonis was transported to the General Hospital.
• Randy Lynn Jones was arrested and lodged in the Luzerne County Correctional Facility on a warrant on Wednesday. Jones was wanted for a probation violation, police said.
LUZERNE COUNTY – The Luzerne County Sobriety Checkpoint Program will conduct a sobriety checkpoint in Wyoming on Friday or Saturday.
A roving patrol will take place on those days.
The operations by the Wyoming and Pittston police departments are dependent on weather conditions.
The program is administered through Catholic Social Services with funding provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
Police officers running the sobriety checkpoint and roving patrol will be out in force to enhance public safety and advise the motoring public of the dangers of drinking and driving.