NUANGOLA – The Nuangola tax collector reminds property owners that Friday is the end of the face period for school taxes. In order to avoid the 10 percent penalty tax, bills must be received by that date.
• Also, all pumping of septic systems due to be pumped in 2008 must be done by Nov. 30 and the Council should receive reports by that date.
KINGSTON - The Municipality of Kingston’s administrative offices will be closed on Thursday and Friday in honor of the Thanksgiving holiday. However, the tax office will be open on Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., the last day for taxes collected at face value.
• The Department of Public Works will be closed on Thursday and Monday. Dec. 1. Residents whose trash collection is on Thursday must place it curbside for collection on Wednesday. The recycling for Dec. 1 will occur on Dec. 8.
WEST WYOMING – The West Wyoming Hose Company No. 1 will hold a Fireman’s Ball as the kickoff event for its 100th anniversary.
The ball will be held Dec. 13 from 6-9 p.m. at the firehouse on Shoemaker Avenue.
The cost is $20; call the fire department for tickets at 693-1811.
• The West Wyoming Recreation Board will sell the 2008 edition of the annual Christmas ornament. This year’s ornament features the gazebo in Dailey Park.
The cost is $10 and ornaments can be purchased from any recreation board member, at Book Keeping Associates, 250 W. Eighth St. or at the borough hall.
• West Wyoming residents are advised that curbside pickup of yard waste has ended for this year. Residents should call the town hall at 693-1311 to make arrangements to drop off yard waste at the Shoemaker Street site.
• A curbside collection of leaves will take place, with the first pickups being Monday and Tuesday. Leaves must be in open containers. A final collection will take place in December.
• West Wyoming borough has established a Web site at www.westwyoming.org