WILKES-BARRE -- City police late Wednesday night were investigating a report of a large fight in the area of Moyallen and Loomis streets.
An officer on the scene said there were injuries involved. An ambulance was seen leaving the scene with at least one person on a stretcher.
The fight involving a group of people broke out around 11 p.m. Five cruisers reponded.
Police were still trying to sort out the extent of the altercation as of late Wednesday night.
HANOVER TWP. – Steven Brannigan, 20, of Mark Drive, was arrested Wednesday on a charge of hindering apprehension or prosecution, police said.
Police said they spoke to Brannigan on Monday as part of an ongoing investigation and he told them he was alone in an apartment at 1413 Mark Drive, even though they saw two men enter the residence. When Brannigan’s mother arrived, she allowed in police, who found Thomas Owens inside, police said. Owens was wanted on a warrant from Luzerne County Court.
Brannigan was arraigned by District Judge Donald Whittaker and committed to the county prison for lack of $25,000 bail.
BERWICK – Police said they seized evidence of a mobile methamphetamine-making operation Sunday at East Sixth Street after receiving information that people at the residence were in possession of materials to make the illegal drug.
The items were consistent with the “one-pot method” of making the drug, police said.
The evidence will be examined by state police. The investigation is ongoing and charges are pending, police said.
WILKES-BARRE – City police reported the following:
• Jessica Rinehimer, 25, of County Pine Estates, Dallas Township, faces charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance on July 17 after police came in contact with her at 754 S. Main St.
• Shaun Manning, 31, of 520 N. Main St., was arrested Tuesday night on charges he burglarized Peter’s Deli at 498 N. Main St. The person who responded to an alarm at the store identified Manning from surveillance video. Police located him near the store and took him into custody. He was charged with burglary, criminal trespass and criminal mischief.
• Charges are pending against Kenneth Daniely, 29, of Reese Street. after his mother-in-law Roberta Stritzinger, 62, of 81 Jones St., reported he slashed tires on her 1996 Chevrolet Lumina parked at her residence on Wednesday morning. Police said Daniely fled before they arrived. Polie said he will be charged once an estimate of the damage is provided.
• Ronald Kocher, 43, whose last known address was Main Street, Edwardsville, was charged with aggravated assault, terroristic threats and resisting arrest after a fight Tuesday night on Public Square. Kocher fought with police who responded to a report of a fight around 10:40 p.m., police said. He was committed to the county prison for lack of $2,000 bail.
• Heta Simko, 30, of Harding, was arrested Tuesday in the area of 89 Carey Ave. on a warrant for disorderly conduct.
• Robert Dixon, 23, of North Main Street, was charged with being in possession of a stolen license plate belonging to Charlotte and Harvey Miller of North Cortland Street, East Stroudsburg. Dixon was stopped in the area of Bowman Street and Conyngham Avenue around 7:20 p.m. Tuesday.
• Steven Gruver, 53, of Andover Street, reported Tuesday night that money was taken from his vehicle outside his residence.
• Copper pipes were reported stolen from a residence at 212 Madison St. on Tuesday night. The property is owned by Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Co.