• There will be a reorganization meeting of the Carbondale Area Board of School Directors on Wed., Dec. 7 at 7 p.m. in the gymnasium of the elementary school followed by the regular monthly meeting.
• Borough Council will be discussing their tentative budget at their regular meeting on Wed., Dec. 7, at 7 p.m. in the Borough Building, 304 S. State St., Clarks Summit. The proposed budget will be available for review during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• The Lackawanna County Board of Commissioners will hold a special meeting on Wed., Dec. 7, at 10 a.m., in the commissioners’ conference room, sixth floor, County Administration Building, 200 Adams Ave., Scranton, to consider a resolution approving the formation of an airport authority in connection with the operation of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport and authorizing the filing of all necessary applications.
• The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), will conduct a public hearing on Mon., Dec. 12 from 6-9:30 p.m. at the Scranton State Office Building, 100 Lackawanna Ave., Scranton, conference room B-3 to solicit comments on Keystone Sanitary Landfill Inc.’s application 101247-1101 to modify their current operating permit by increasing their average daily volume from 4,750 tons/ day to 7,250 tons/day and the maximum daily volume from 5,000 tons/day to 7,500 tons/day. A copy of the application may be viewed at the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, Northeast Regional Office, 2 Public Square, Wilkes-Barre. For further information, please contact Tracey McGurk at (570) 826-2076. Any person intending to participate in the hearing should submit a written Notice of Intent by Dec. 9, 2011 to William Tomayko, program manager, Northeast Regional Office, 2 Public Square, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701. The written notice should include the person’s name, address, telephone number, and a brief statement as to the nature of the presentation. Persons unable to attend the hearing may submit written statement to Tomayko on or before Dec. 31, 2011.
• The Board of Supervisors will vote on adopting an ordinance during their regular meeting on Tues., Dec. 6 at 7:30 p.m. providing for the vacating, removal, repair, or demolition of any structures or conditions dangerous to the health, morals, safety, or general welfare of the people of the township; and for the assessment of the cost thereof. Meetings are held at the Township Building on Route 407.
• On Wed., Dec. 7, the school board will hold its reorganization meeting at 7 p.m. in the LGI Room.
• The Scranton School Board will meet on Mon., Dec. 5 at 7 p.m. at the administration building, 425 N. Washington Ave., Scranton, for their reorganization meeting.
• The Scranton School Board will meet on Mon., Dec. 12 at 7 p.m. at West Scranton High School, 1201 Luzerne St., Scranton, for a public hearing on the budget.
• City Council meets Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. in council chambers, second floor, City Hall, 340 N. Washington Ave., Scranton.
WEST ABINGTON TOWNSHIP
• The 2012 budget for West Abington Township will be adopted at the Dec. 6 meeting at 7 p.m. at the Dalton Fire Company. The budget will be available for inspection during the meeting.